Friday, April 27, 2007

Here's whats for lunch

It is raining and cold out so I decided to treat myself to a nice hot and hearty lunch. I created my own version of Chinese stir fry. I took a piece of grilled chicken that I had left over in the fridge and mixed it up with some fresh vegetables. I used carrots, snow peas, and a can of Chinese mixed vegetables. I heated everything up in a skillet with some soy sauce and and red pepper flakes. It is very simple to make and is truly delicious, pour the ingredients over rice or add into your favorite pasta to make your own version of lo mein. Try it at home and enjoy!







Ingredients:

1 piece of grilled chicken breast
1 carrot sliced
1/2 cup fresh or frozen snow peas
1 can or bag of frozen Chinese stir fry blend
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/4 cup of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of crushed red peppers

Preparation:
heat skillet with the olive oil, add carrots,snow peas, and stir fry blend. Heat all ingredients until warm. Add in sliced chicken breast and reheat for 1 minute. Add soy sauce and crushed red peppers. Stir all ingredients together and enjoy!

No comments: