Monday, February 19, 2007


Rachel Ray's 30 minute meals is one of my favorite shows on television. I try to watch it everyday at 2:30. For me cooking is fun it is a valid reason to play with your food. It gives you a chance to explore and learn new things by using all five of your senses. Rachel Ray makes cooking fun and easy. I will admit she seems like she is a little crazy, I mean come on no one can be that happy and goofy all the time, but her technique and shortcuts make it easy to create a meal in under 30 minutes. She can make something as ordinary as pasta and turn it into a fancy and tasty meal in no time. Her shortcuts would never let anyone know you made a dish in half an hour that should have taken 3 hours to prepare. Some of my favorite recipes include Spaghetti all' Elsa, Mushroom Lovers French Bread pizza, and Grilled honey lime chicken sandwiches. These dishes are simple and delicious to make. Her shortcuts such as keeping a garbage bowl next to where you are cooking sounds ridiculous but it truly saves a lot of time. It is a great show to watch and replicate to have a great meal every night.

No comments: